My work varies from strategic consulting, to online organizing, to freelance writing, to traditional PR. Here are few samples of work that I have written or produced. If you would like to know more about my strategic consulting projects, please contact me here.
Follow my work at Equality PA here:
This list includes a sampling of the advocacy writing I have done that has been used in real campaigns in the last five years.
- “Hannah, age 9, wants to talk to McDonald’s CEO,” Corporate Accountability International, February, 2013
- “Mark your calendar to vote on May 21st,” Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania, May 2013
- “It’s official. Monsanto must be shamed to change.” Corporate Accountability International, February, 2013
- “Modern McCarthyism,” MoveOn, 2012
- “Wasted wealth – The ongoing foreclosure crisis that never had to happen,” The Hill, May 23, 2013
- “MoveOn.org Political Action Endorses Matt Cartwright for Congress,” MoveOn, 2012
- “New Wisconsin TV Ad: Republican War on Working Families,” Democracy for America, 2011
- “What I really want for Mother’s Day: McD’s to stop marketing to my kid #MomsNotLovinIt,” Corporate Accountability International, Gigi Kellet, May 2013
- “Buying Off the Ref,” Huffington Post, Brian Young, Corporate Action Network, May 2013
- “Do Asbestos Victims Deserve Compensation? And Other Questions the Wall Street Journal Never Asks,” Huffington Post, Brian Young, Corporate Action Network, March 2013
- “A once in lifetime moment,” Jim Dean, DailyKos, February 2013
- “The Department of Justice? Not for Wall Street,” Brian Young, Corporate Action Network, February 2013
- “The State of the Progressive Movement,” Gov. Howard Dean M.D., 2011
TV Ad: “John Deserves a Vote,” Democracy for America, 2013
After Newtown, the tone of the gun safety debate changed and for the first time in decades advocates for common sense gun laws saw an opportunity to have a real conversation about preventing gun violence. Democracy for America commissioned me to work with victims of gun violence and the filmmakers of Gum Spirits productions to produce this TV ad to be aired nationally after the 2013 State of the Union address.
TV Ad: “Don’t Kill the Dream,” Democracy for America, 2011
In 2010 tea party candidates were blaming immigrants and working class Americans for the economic crisis. Democracy for America, wanted to make sure that people were able to tell their own stories and speak up against the tea party lies. These ads aired in three congressional districts. I developed the concept, wrote the script, and helped to produce this ad and worked with the filmmakers of GumSpirits Productions who filmed and directed the ad.
Web video: “Are you with us?” Democracy for America, 2011
Democracy for America needed a video to tell their story and show who the real people are behind the organization. I developed the concept, wrote the script, and helped to produce this web video.
Filmed and edited by Fivesteps Forward Productions.